My favorite place in the world is Beachside Villas, on Simpson Bay. BSV consists of 14 or so individual condo units, all directly on beautiful Simpson Bay Beach. Each unit features your own large living room, dining room, kitchen, bathrooms and bedroom, with sliders from the living room and master bedroom to the deck. The kitchen has just about anything you need in order to make your own meals onsite and you have your own gas grill. The interior is fully air conditioned, with a separate unit for the living room and the bedrooms.

I go to SXM for the ocean, and you have a beautiful unobstructed view of almost a private beach, all for the complex. There is a lovely pool which is usually uncrowded also. I personally have no need for a front desk or activities or a bar or restaurant onsite, as I prefer to just hang out and veg, looking at the ocean. BSV is NOT the sterile, all white, glass and marble style which is all the rage these days. I loathe that style. It is Caribbean comfortable, with blue being the most predominant color inside, with a fantastic view of the lovely ocean. There are no stainless appliances, no dishwasher (about the only thing I really miss there!!) and no washer and dryer. However, you can give clothes to the maid and they will send them out to be laundered for you.

BSV has everything I want. I wish I was there right now!!

Carol Hill