Ahoy Captains,

As a Stakeholder in the Bareboat Yacht Charter industry in the BVI I have received the DRAFT Protocols for the Bareboat Yachts, Crewed Yachts, and Boatyards.
The salient points are #1 This is a Draft Protocol, #2 This is a Draft Protocol, #3 There is no mention of Any Medical Testing or Quarantine for any Guests.
There are no specific provisions for long term yacht occupancy at a dock. No provisions for security, body counts, or wash stations per occupied yacht.
The Draft Protocols are mostly the Logistics of Sanitizing and the Hygiene of the Vessels, Maintaining a Healthy Workplace, and Observing and Reporting Infections. In general the Protocols seem very straight forward and logical and practical, considering it is a deadly pandemic.
Logged into the on-line Stakeholder Consultation meeting tonight, Wed Oct 14.
The BVI Gov Moderators and Officials were all Very Polite and Professional.
Of course one of the first Questions was regarding the Medical Protocols for Tourists.
The Answer was Respectful and Precise and as Expected there would be No Discussion of that issue during this evenings meeting.
The Draft Protocols documented today and the Consultation tonight are strictly about the logistics of operating yachts safely regarding the Virus.
This is all to make a Yacht Charter in the BVI with your Family and Friends one of the Safest and Healthiest and most Enjoyable Vacations in the World into 2021 and beyond.

The BVI now has a Date, and in regards to a Protocol for Travel, is trying to control a hurricane.

As expected, and with more to gain or lose than the average TTOL member, I am resolved to waiting patiently for the BVI Gov decision, hopefully and with no other option, until next week?
And then as improvements in Testing and Treatment and Vaccines evolve, I look forward to positive changes in those protocols within weeks if not months.

Fair Winds, Brent from The Captains Compass