I may have missed it but what exactly is SXM doing to prevent/lessen the spread of the virus. In a couple of trip reports today I saw " the restaurant was busy but we sat at the bar" and "a group of 13 people were having dinner at the Palms. That's nice"

I do NOT want to go through the hoops to get to the Island and not feel safe in public places. What are the mandates right now for dining..inside and outside...for markets, bars and hotel check in.

I have been impressed with how STT is managing exposure risk with a STRICT "No mask, no service" policy. Masks off when sitting a a table but anytime anywhere else it is required AND you WILL be reminded of that. Bars are "closed" but you can order at the bar and drinks will be brought to your table or any flat surface...no hanging out. Tables are decently apart. Max persons enforced in every store.

Distancing is universal....in the resort ...walking to the beach or pool...mask.....at the beach or pool....no mask and groups are appropriately apart

I feel safe here. I feel safe at home in MA....I want to feel safe in SXM but from what I am reading it might be more like a no mask anything goes US state.

Please dispel my concerns....

.BTW Oct 1-14 SXM had 62 positive cases which isn't bad at all....The 3 Islands in the USVI combined had 1 positive in the same period which is better