We just got back home last Sunday, after spending 9 nights on the French side. These are our just our observations, limited by the places we frequented. We live in Florida, and found the French side to be just about the same as at home. People only wear masks where they must. That would be in the airport, on the plane, and in most grocery stores. We are not big fans of masks, but always had one handy in case it was needed. We asked the girl that met us at our villa if she would like us to wear a mask. She said no, and promptly took hers off. We asked at a couple of restaurants, if they would like us to "mask-up" while being seated. They laughed, and said they only wear theirs out of fear of being shut down. All servers had masks, but ofter they were often pulled down below their nose or below both their nose and mouth. Things are pretty lax along the beach establishments and in Orient Village. We went to the bakery in the village 7 mornings during our trip. Nobody, not even the employees, ever had a mask on. We felt right at home! Nobody seemed to be concerned, even after we would confess that we were from FlorDuh. I'm not judging anyone, nor am I giving anyone the right to judge me. I'm just reporting our observations. If you are uncomfortable with lax mask use, I would suggest staying home for now. As for us, we are off to Aruba next week!!!