Jeff, I am so sorry it didn’t work out for you.

For what it’s worth, my doctor wrote scrips for both of us and we went to a local Covid testing lab affiliated with our hospital but you can only go there with a scrip from what I understand. Because it was Thanksgiving week with lots of travelers and a day less to do it all in, I was very skeptical about getting our results back in time but in the end we tested at 1:30 Tuesday and my doctor (he actually called me himself) called Wednesday around noon with the results and that’s where the problems started.

We submitted both apps to SXM EHAS Wednesday afternoon. They came back within the hour as ‘under review’ and a few hours later, DH came back as accepted and mine denied. So we resubmitted the same app again. Second time denied, too. So I emailed them and they said we didn’t send my lab approval. Submitted again. Thursday morning I was denied so we called and were told to resend one more time. Waited till Friday morning and denied again, this time because they said I was ‘showing symptoms’ along with a positive test read and no medical insurance, all of which were wrong. Called SXM again and a different person said to start over and resubmit a completely new application. This was the charm and finally, within an hour I was approved.

But trust me in this, had I been doing it myself I would have completely given up after the third submission. Thank heavens for adult kids and grandkids. W/o them I’d still be sitting in CT pouting!

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."