Some information on the Vaccine and its science:

First of all, the vaccine requires 2 shots spaced in time (3 to 4 weeks depending one which vaccine you receive). Additional boosters may be required at some point in the future (that is still being studied).

As of two weeks ago (and as far as I know this has not changed), the science said that it takes 28 days for the full effects to be in place. Your immunity ramps up over that time. As of yesterday, the science says that even after the first shot, their are "meaningful" gains in immunity after 10 days. Safety data on the vaccine (side effect rate) has so far proven better than expected.

With 95% immunity, 1 in 20 recipients will still be able to contract COVID so please don't act like you are invulnerable after you receive it. It is my understanding (and this is where it gets murky for me) that the 95% percent effectiveness rate covers not coming down with COVID symptoms. They have insufficient data so far on whether some recipients of the vaccine may still actually contract the disease, be symptom free, and therefore spread it.