Hello all, we were delayed 3 weeks in Turkey awaiting paperwork from Malta, as a result between that and weather delays I had to leave the boat in Cascais, Portugal, beautiful place by the way.
I dod make an error in the previous post, it does get cod in Turkey in the winter so not a substitute for the sunny Caribbean. The weather in late October, early November was nice, we were looking for shade in the daytime but a light jacket was nice at night.
I stayed at the Basileus Hotel in Istanbul, very basic but good value for the money. In Marmaris I stayed at the LaBranda Mare (AI) nice and again good value.
No problem with shorts in Marmaris, you can even get pork products in the larger supermarkets or shops that cater to tourists from the UK.

Some restaurants advertise full English breakfast with bacon and pork sausage. At the hotel beach there was an English woman in a thong next to 2 women wearing burkinis. Pretty open minded society.
I didn't see anyone in a burka, which are common in Istanbul. Stretch pants are a common site on the street and giving the Turks love for sweet desserts the thought " your pants say yoga, but your hips say baklava" ran through my head often.
In Florida now visiting mom, hope to post pics and more reports once I'm home.
Cheers

Last edited by Sunset_Sammy; 12/10/2020 08:46 AM.

Drink all day at home, your friends worry about you; do it on vacation and they say "what a good time you're having". Save your friends needless worry, travel more!