Originally Posted by RatmansWife
Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
ScubaDrew--glad you were able to go after all. But travelling should not be this hard.

There are only three possible explanations for this: ineptitude, laziness, or the BVI does not really want visitors. Stories like this will dissuade people from booking. I'm wondering if the costs of transport, testing, tracking and quarantining Belongers are adding up and the government wants to slow down arrivals.

Ratsmans Wife: I had tremendous difficulties with the portal but managed to get my approval without first uploading the test results, an obvious error. It was impossible to get anyone from the Whats App number to respond at this point to fix this up but since I had the approval and the negative test I had enough to get on a plane. Nobody questioned any of this when I arrived and the people at the airport conducting the intake and testing were pleasant, efficient and welcoming. The bracelet and transponder didn't work very well and gave off a lot of false beeps. I think the government really does want us to come, I think they are nervous and cautious but have the right mix of policies now, but I think they chose badly with their software and equipment supplier and are trying to keep it all going while the wheels fall off. I was treated very well while I was there and the people of the Island often told me they were grateful I had made the trip.

In short, they don't really have a good system for managing and controlling the intake of visitors and they probably don't know what to do about it. I guess struggle on and hope the vaccine soon makes this all unnecessary?