Originally Posted by gabrij
We are on our way home to NY after eleven days in the BVI's, and I have a very simple bit of advice: Visit there soon!

I have not seen they islands this empty since the early 1990's. From that, you can draw two conclusions? (1) as a visitor, you will be able to enjoy peace and solitude, in harbors, beaches and restaurants (2) the local businesses need our support.

If you are reading this forum, you probably already know that the BVI's are among the most beautiful places in the world, with the friendliest and most welcome people you can fine.

It's also now one of the safest places to visit. They are a Level One COVID risk, according to the US Department of State. To put that into perspective, NYS protocols (as of yesterday) require quarantine for anyone entering the state from a non-contiguous state or from countries that are Level Two or higher. In other words, NY considers it safer to return from the BVI’s than from 44 US states.

I'll add that most of us have been stressed for the past year by COVID.

So, add these together: We all need a break; the BVI's need our support; and they are at their most beautiful right now without the crowds. I'm really gad we made the trip, and I recommend that others do the same.

Yes you will have your solitude while being quarantined wearing a bracelet and asking permission to move from one place to another.
Don’t for get to tip them triple.