Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht
Not so far and I would be very surprised if it happened by then. Just an FYI, you can still be a carrier and contract the virus after vaccination; you just won't be as sick as without it. Until all of the BVI has been offered the vaccine, I would not expect a change in policy. First shots aren't due here until February.

Agree ...... I can't speak to what's happening right now in the BVI, it's been 3 years since I last visited and chartered there. Before that visit and several other charter outings in the BVI, this site was my go-to place for current BVI info. It is just great.

I popped up here again a couple of days ago wanting to get the straight skinny as we're planning a charter summer of '22. The BVI is somewhat unique in that it appears from what I'm hearing and reading here, sero-prevalence of SARS-2 is virtually non-existent. There are few places like that and I don't think the BVI public health officials lucked into the current situation. It seems to me, the BIW wants to keep it that way and, in my medical opinion, they are spot on. What they are doing would be hard to replicate in most places. New Zealand is one of those places doing similar things with virus mitigation and control. Oh, and yes, there is China if you like being shot if you break quarantine. No thanks. So, yep, its a PITA to visit the BVI right now but I understand and support what they are doing. It ain't gonna change for a good while and if we don't get a break with the spread of SARS-2 and its troublesome variants, we're going to battling it for months, maybe longer.

I'm steeling myself to adapt and not complain one bit if the BVI government is still doing this in 2022 and charging $175/head to do it. I can see benefits for those that put up with this for a lot of different reasons, good health and an unprecedented BVI peacefulness and beauty among them.