Originally Posted by xrayman67
Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht
Originally Posted by xrayman67
Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht
The vaccine only reduces your reaction to the virus. You can still get the virus and pass it to other people. .

This is not entirely accurate according the the CDC.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/vaccine-benefits.html

I read the information in your link. It specifically states the vaccine "may also help keep you from getting seriously ill even if you do get COVID-19" which backs up my first statement about still getting the virus. It then goes on to state that "Getting vaccinated yourself may also protect people around you". "May also protect" isn't very convincing.

Regardless, the latest statement from the BVI Minister of Health (and this is a BVI discussion) is that the vaccine reduces symptoms but does not eliminate the disease. That is the man who recommends policy here.

I'm happy to be wrong but I stand by my original statement that the BVI protocols will not be changing anytime soon because of the vaccine. I am right at the top of the list of people who want the tourism industry in the BVI to restart but the 2021 season is done here.

Jason, you specifically disregard the bold statement "COVID-19 vaccination will help keep you from getting COVID-19" and "All COVID-19 vaccines currently available in the United States have been shown to be highly effective at preventing COVID-19." The vaccines are not 100%, so in the event someone does contract the virus then "the vaccine "may also help keep you from getting seriously ill even if you do get COVID-19"".

I sincerely hope you are right.

JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay
reservations@coconutbreezevillas.com
www.coconutbreezevillas.com