It really is a national disgrace with this vaccine rollout. There is much blame to go around, but as I stated previously all you can do is stay online and try to connect with as many COVID vaccine websites as possible. I can't help but think about those senior citizens who don't possess the computer 'online' savvy like those younger than them. My 99 year old aunt got COVID in a high end nursing home here in Pennsylvania, but fortunately beat it and is doing okay at the present time. I do know that Pfizer and Moderna are now pumping out vaccines at break neck pace, and Johnson & Johnson & Novavax will be coming out soon, maybe by mid-February. Does the drug store chain Rite Aid operate in Florida? Here in NW PA, they had an online sign-up going strong earlier this week and I was able to send this information to several of my closest friends who now have appointments scheduled for various dates throughout February (starting 2/11). But, it got filled up and is now closed.

What should have been done? Strictly my personal opinion, but back in October when Phase III trials were showing impressive efficacy numbers, production should have skyrocketed at that time even though FDA approval had not yet been given. As a nation, a national vaccine program should have been established regardless of cost by the Office of Health and Human Services. Throughout the states, counties with population numbers of 250,000 or greater should have had designated locations authorized as 'mass vaccination centers' with structured guidelines should have been created and released. For example, "senior citizens age 65 and over if your last name begins with 'A' or 'B' these are your two calendar dates." Then onto those seniors with last names of 'C' or 'D'. Just come to the vaccination centers at the designated times with proper I.D. and you'll get vaccinated. For rural locations, mobile vaccination units could have been utilized to inoculate small town America. Not that this would have been perfect, but it would have to be better than the mess we are now dealing with. But, in reality this was a presidential election year and unfortunately the focus wasn't on vaccinations, but rather election polls.

Hopefully, this will be lesson learned for the future. And, it is fortunate that COVID-19, as bad as it is, does not have a higher mortality rate percentage-wise. If this had been as lethal as MERS or Ebola, then a national disgrace would have turned into a national tragedy.