CLIFFTOPS...while I did not post any pictures, I was contributing to a conversation about Royal Palm. I know several timeshare owners and also a couple of whole owners there and have stayed there probably 20 or so times over the past 25+ years. From the standard 2 bedroom unit a 6th floor penthouse unit so I think I can speak with some authority with regard to Royal Palm. Over that timespan there has been at least 2 and I think 3 (or more) timeshare management companies.

It has the potential to be one of the very nicest resorts on the island. Between the lengthy rebuild (less than 12 months can be blamed on Covid, the rest is ALL on Diamond Resorts), the total mismanagement of the pool bar, restaurant, lounge and many other shortcomings, it leaves a lot to be desired. Considering the higher than most maintenance fees, one would expect things to be almost perfect. I would not have any problem staying there again but I also know what to expect and what not to expect.

I am not a timeshare owner nor would I ever see that being the case. I am glad others make the choice to own as that has provided me MANY opportunities to rent from them. Many times the rental is very near the maintenance fee and I am not locked into a particular week nor do I have the initial cash outlay.

Not everyone is happy with Royal Palm or Flamingo but then many are. All one has to do is read some associated social media sites pertaining to these properties and one will find a lot of disgusted people who are simply walking away from their timeshare.

J.D.