Reverie:

Good questions, we leave this week for our first USVI sail, 10days.

1. Have you read Simon Scott’s Cruising Guide to the Virgin Islands? I’ve devoured it, and keep re-reading. Looks like Cruz Bay and Coral Bay are best options for provisioning, Doubt you’d need fuel, maybe water half-way. Less restaurants than a BVI or Med trip, we plan on 3-5 dinner meals. Maybe more late lunch, early dinners - “lunners” followed by sundowners and heavy appetizers.

2. I have similar questions about an itinerary, and planning two options based on pre-departure meeting and weather conditions. Are you planning on a St Croix trip? We are, and one of the reasons for 10 days. I figure exploring the north shore bays would be under power as the distances are short, against the prevailing winds and seas, and to stay close to US waters. Most suggest start from Coral or Salt Bay early for the trip to St Croix, and come back a bit westerly, thus counter clockwise around St Thomas. That would give you the re provisioning option mid trip.

3. STT - Most suggest at least two hours. Even domestic flights, I use FlightAware.com to track flight status as it allows you to see the inbound flight of your aircraft for performance info.

4. We have booked w Paradise, yes expensive. But for six adults we need the space. Figure that cost about the same as taxi fares, with greater convenience. We’re using for inbound transfers, provisioning run, r/t dinner, etc. we are doing a first night sleep aboard, so will leave it at the marina, and they will pick it up. Doing the same on the return, but that will be subject to first day experience. Broken down to a $33/couple cost, that’s easy math.

Sorry you have to wait, I hope to do a sail trip report on return.
JP