Hey everyone,
We are starting to prepare for our rescheduled 10 night USVI trip in June with 4 adults and 3 children. We are booked with CYOA and have seen the suggested USVI itinerary's! Thanks for everyone's contributions and trip reports. They are oh so helpful!
I have a few questions that I'm looking for your advice and expertise on. We have chartered in the BVI's in the past and this will be our first time in the USVI's.

1. Where are you able to re-provision around St. John? (water, groceries, ice, fuel) (Unfortunately we will not have a water maker onboard. The boat we originally wanted had one but sold and now we are on a boat without one!) Or do we need to try and make it back to St. Thomas before re-provisioning? smile

2. Most people who have sailed around St. John and St. Thomas mention clockwise around St. John and counterclockwise around St. Thomas. Given the concern with tacking through the narrows given the recent BVI fining boats for crossing their waters, we thought a reach through the narrows would be a safer bet. However, all the itineraries and recommendations we have read have people going the opposite direction. Please share your insight!

3. Given current circumstances, how early do you need to get to the St. Thomas airport prior to departure?

4. Additionally, Avis car rental used to let you pick up a rental car from the airport and drop off at the Seaplane location but they don't give that option anymore when trying to book. Has anyone used Avis? I realize most folks on here recommend Paradise. Avis is $35 per day vs. Paradise $100 per day. Just looking for a one day rental to provision.

Thanks in advance!
June cannot come quick enough,
Sarah