Back in the days before COVID, we booked a Moorings charter for early July 2020 on a brand new 46.3 monohull . There are 5 of us and I was able to get Delta first class seats to St. Thomas with miles. Our plan, which is similar to what we've done on previous charters, was to spend 2 nights at The Moorings hotel, take the boat out for a 10 night charter, and spend our final night in the hotel before flying home..

Needless to say our plans got wiped out by COVID. We had paid in full so Moorings allowed us to rebook our trip as originally structured for July 2021. It took some more miles but I was able to get Delta first class seats once again.

Based on what I've read, it appears that the quarantine protocol will still be in place this July. From today's posts, my guess is that ferries might well not be running in July either so it's time to consider reworking things.

In order to keep our plans of "doing what we like", which usually fills a 10 day trip, I plan to extend the charter by at least 4 days to cover the quarantine days. Since we won't be in the hotel, we'll just start a day earlier. All of this of course depends on boat availability at The Moorings but my guess is we should be able to do it.

I'm looking for advice concerning travel plans.

Should I just rearrange the flights into STT to match the lengthened charter and hope the ferries are running by July or would it make more sense to rebook now through SJU and pay for the flight to EIS? There don't appear to be many STT to EIS flight options. I'd consider an STT to EIS charter but one member of our group may have to leave early which complicates the return flight.

Does anyone have a ballpark idea of the cost of an STT to EIS charter?

Many years ago we flew SJU to EIS on Cape Air and loved it but goodness they're expensive so I'm guessing InterCaribbean is the way to go. Are they a reliable option?

Louis from Houston