Re-reading the original Facebook post and the BVI News article and comments I see something concerning that we are also seeing in the USVIs - West Indians that are refusing the vaccine due to lack of trust or an outright belief that the vaccine can harm you. The USVIs are now vaccinating anyone who will be around for the second vaccine due to lower than expected demand. I worry about the health of those who refuse the vaccine and those vaccinated people who could be infected.

The biggest theme in the cited articles is the poor performance of the Customs & Immigration officers. We have always gotten polite service at Jost Van Dyke, our go to. Our February 2020 check in in Road Town had very busy and polite officers who gave a spot to wait while they checked in two ferries. We won't check in there again. Spanish Town is fine without a ferry from the USVI, chaotic when the ferry is there. West End? That is a mess. I've seen them force a boat to tie up to the wharf for inspection that had sailed direct from Grenada, lost their engine, no sleep for days. They were in tears. Too many stories to recount. I just make certain I go in by myself so no one else's day is ruined.

I'm happier to visit the BVIs after the ports open than my Sweet Christine. She holds a grudge and feeds it. If we can enter the BVIs in May on the way to Grenada and they are part of the CARICOM low risk bubble (suspended for now) I would consider sailing the BVIs for the 21 days necessary to get now quarantine access to the CARICOM islands. Dominica has the shortest quarantine at 5+1 days. Every island nations is different and keeping track of protocols is a lot of work. Noonsite.com is doing a good job.

Cheers, RickG

S/V Echoes, 2003 Beneteau 423
Grenada