Hi. I made this it's own post, as it had nothing to do with the original topic.

When you say "Oyster Bay", I assume you mean Oyster Bay Beach Resort? The resort itself is very nice and it is on Dawn Beach, which is a nice beach, UNLESS there is sargassum. Oyster Bay seems to consistently have a problem with sargassum. Someone posted here the other day that perhaps they have finally gotten a machine to clean the seaweed, but I will believe that when I see it. Unless you plan to spend all your time at the resort, that would be my third choice, as Oyster Pond is kind of far from most things, and there are not a lot of restaurants open there, since Irma and Covid. UNLESS there is sargassum, which you kind of don't know ahead of time, Dawn Beach is by far the nicest beach of the three. Most people who go to SXM travel to different beaches throughout the island though.

Personally, I don't care for Royal Islander that much because it seems more like San Juan than St. Maarten, but that's just me. The pool area is really beautiful and the rooms on the ocean side have a lovely view. You don't have to rent a car there if you don't want to and can find a lot to walk to. If you do rent a car, you have to pay for parking in the garage. If you like planes, you have a wonderful view of the airport. The beach there very much comes and goes, could be here today and gone tomorrow. I understand there is a huge amount of beach there right now, but that is somewhat unusual.

Royal Palm would be my first choice because it in the heart of Simpson Bay, which is where I personally would prefer to be, versus the others. You wouldn't need to rent a car there either, as you can walk to a bunch of places from there. The beach is not particularly good, as it is a manmade beach. And there are often many sailboats anchored in that bay, so you, as a former sailboat owner would understand why I say that if I stay there, I NEVER go in the water. All the rooms were recently refurbished from top to bottom there, so everything is clean and new.

Last edited by Carol_Hill; 03/18/2021 11:14 AM.

Carol Hill