SammyM, I remember the sugar cube. Probably because it was the only vaccine that didn't hurt!!

As for Notre Dame, My father played for the Irish in the late 50's when they sucked. Under Brennen I believe. I grew up 3 miles from the campus. I used to ride my bike over there during the summers to watch the football players practice. I had a spot in the woods that I could watch from through the fence. I was caught by ND security and brought to the coach's office for "interrogation". Once he realized I was not a threat and my father's connection, the rest of that summer I was allowed on the practice field as kind of a waterboy and shag balls with the QB's. The coach was Dan Devine. The QB I shagged balls for was Joe Montana. Once school started that fall I never saw them again. But a great childhood memory. I live near Charlotte now and try to go to any games near me that I can. I haven't gone to a game in South Bend in quite a while. But man, what a great place to see a football game!! Saturday afternoons on the campus are magical.

Go Irish!!

Bill

[Linked Image]