Hi - quick question: we have an upcoming charter and wanted to visit Buck Island for the day or overnight. In reviewing the Anchoring permit it states: "A copy of a valid vessel registration must be attached to your application.

a. If you have resided in the U.S Virgin Islands for 90 days or more you must have a valid Virgin Islands vessel registration.
b. If you are not the owner of the vessel you will need to provide a notarized letter from the registered owner given you permission to apply for a Buck Island Reef NM anchoring permit."

We are chartering with DYC and the boat is in their charter fleet (we had a trip planned to Antigua and DYC is the main company operating there but it was canceled due to COVID and therefore had to use the credit so we moved to USVI). I can't imagine that I really need to get the owner of the boat to sign a notarized document that allows us to apply for a permit. DYC did provide me with a copy of the boat registration.

How is a Buck Island anchoring permit typically handled for charters? Thanks in advance.