As usual RickG is on top of things in the USVI.

We… Three couples departed St.Thomas on Sunday 07 March btwn ~430 and 530p. Thanks to the great information here on TTOL we arrived a little more than three hours in advance. We had a rental car from Paradise. One of us dropped the other 5, and returned the rental vehicle. In the meantime I got a porter who quickly got all of us to the Delta and American check-in counter very quickly. No more than two deep. They checked in the Delta couple even though our driver had not returned from Paradise yet. (We had all prechecked in ~24 hours in advanced)

While literally hundreds of people waited in a line snaking all the way back to the door of the baggage exit, our Porter quickly got us to the front of entry door of the immigration section. We could’ve gone through sooner, but we’re waiting for our rental car returning member. Porter kept us to the far left. One couple flying Delta had global entry. His was active, hers had expired. But the immigration officials allowed them both to proceed through immigration and they quickly processed and went ahead directly to and through TSA precheck. Their bags stayed with our porter.

After immigration, My wife and I had TSA pre-check so we were routed through that line pretty quickly. The other couple did not have TSA pre-check and it took them about 15 minutes longer to get the luggage of all six of us to the drop off line under the supervision of the Porter. The $40 we paid was well worth the effort.

Did we all arrive well before our departures? Yes. But the slight apprehension and inconvenience was counterbalanced by the easier access and not waiting in that long snaking line outside. Worth every dollar. We saw some folks running while their name was called for late boarding & last calls and while we ate some snacks and drank our last $9.00 rum bunch or Pain killer!

Last edited by jphart; 03/30/2021 10:14 PM.