Originally Posted by Zanshin
I just read that the BVI have received 34,000 doses (with a population of ~30,000) but they have only administered 8,500 of them and there is a danger of them expiring soon. This is not a distribution issue, but it seems that the belongers are wary of vaccination. With worldwide supplies of vaccine being so low it is a shame to see this potential waste. I can only shake my head, instead they are blaming their new "more efficient" system for testing delays, and discussions about reducing the 6ft distancing to 3ft so that the schools can reopen... St, Kitts and Grenada are looking to make vaccination mandatory.

Originally Posted by Zanshin
I just read that the BVI have received 34,000 doses (with a population of ~30,000) but they have only administered 8,500 of them and there is a danger of them expiring soon. This is not a distribution issue, but it seems that the belongers are wary of vaccination. With worldwide supplies of vaccine being so low it is a shame to see this potential waste. I can only shake my head, instead they are blaming their new "more efficient" system for testing delays, and discussions about reducing the 6ft distancing to 3ft so that the schools can reopen... St, Kitts and Grenada are looking to make vaccination mandatory.

The government has already stated they will be returning some doses to the UK and Dominica if more people don't decide to be vaccinated. At this point, I'd say 10,000 people is an aggressive goal for the BVI so 14,000 doses can be returned/redistributed.

JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay
reservations@coconutbreezevillas.com
www.coconutbreezevillas.com