Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht
Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
You are considered in that case as a international traveler arriving in the US by air. Had you ferried to the USVI by boat and then flown out the test is not required. As others mentioned however the USVI requires a test 5 days prior.

That's a total loophole and it's embarrassing that people I know are exploiting it. Everyone understands the intent of the CDC requirement. I hope when the CDC figures it out they close the BVI ferry down just out of principle. Have some common decency and try to keep US citizen safe.

First I am fully vaccinated and have had covid in the past. I am not putting anyone at risk. That does not even consider that under the current BVI and USVI rules I will have had 3 covid tests in the 2 weeks prior. The last one 5 days prior. Second it’s not a loophole. The CDC specifically exempted travel from US territories and specifically stated only arrivals by air need tests. I highly doubt they just forgot about arrivals by ground and sea transportation. I just took a boat from the USVI to Key West non stop. We asked Customs exactly what testing would be required to arrive in the US. The answer was no testing required.
Your entire statement about putting people at risk is just plain strange especially considering we will be on a boat in the BVI with almost no covid for the trip verses USVI vacationers also flying home without any testing mingling with the crowds in the USVI with a much higher rate of active covid cases. The USVI is booming, tourists everywhere! It’s also likely the US will end all testing requirements for International air arrivals if you are fully vaccinated in the next month.

Last edited by GeorgeC1; 04/28/2021 10:18 AM.