This is really NOT my story to tell but this is the best update info I have......

Our friends, The_Lurker, here on TTOL were scheduled to fly home yesterday on the Delta n/stop into JFK. They left BSV around noon to head to the airport for their scheduled departure. We returned from an early dinner last night around 6:30 just as the rain was starting and as I looked down the sidewalk, there they were again. After boarding and sitting on the plane for hours, their flight was ultimately cancelled. All those passengers had to reclaim their luggage and scramble for accommodations, etc., so they returned here and BSV put them up in the room they had just vacated.

This morning they were being picked up by a taxi at 7:30. John has been watching their plane as the luggage was loaded but it’s still here. I just received a short message from them telling me so far their flight has been delayed twice and they have no idea yet when they will depart. Or if? (That last is me interjecting my thoughts.) Definite mechanical problems and I guess so far Delta has not been able to resolve them.

I know we always hope for extra island time but this is just NOT the kind of Time you want. It happened to us just once down here many years ago and it’s aggravating and frustrating and more often than not, it’s not like you can put your swimsuit back on and head to the beach again. You’re stuck in the terminal waiting. And waiting! And hoping! And waiting!

Good luck, my friends. Hope you’re able to get out soon.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."