Originally Posted by Nibj
I am interested in this question also since I hope we will be in the BVI later in May and will charter a Moorings 38-2 monohull. One advantage of the Covid restrictions (I know, now loosened a bit) is that the map of quarantine anchorages suggests new places for us to visit! There is an interesting graphic on TMMs website concerning the "safe" overnight anchorages on the quarantine chart (see TMM graphic). Two places look really nice:

1) Long Bay on the northwest corner of Virgin Gorda. My maps are very vague about this anchorage (but see BareBoatsBVI comment). Does anyone have any helpful hints about getting in here and what to avoid (besides the obvious :-)?

2) Lee Bay on Great Camanoe: there is a bit more online about this one (again BareBoatsBVI) and the Navionics map does mark it as an anchorage. Again any comments/gotchas would be great.

Tha anchorage near Sandy Spit also looks really nice.

We anchor often at home (Chessie) but have not anchored overnight in the BVI so are nervous!

I like the graphic you shared from TMM!
We'll be down May 17-30 on a Sunsail 41.0 mono. What are your dates? We may see you.