Originally Posted by ruralcarrier
Originally Posted by Maranjo
I will fifth that on sounds like shingles. Did he have a shingles shot in the past?

My husband and I had the Pfizer in February and neither of us had reactions on either shot. I had friends and one of my doctors that had the Moderna/Pfizer and experienced extreme sluggishness for a day. At first I worried that the shots did not work for my husband and me, but I got over it. Now I am a happy camper.

As a point of reference, my wife had the original Shingles vaccine and promptly had two cases of Shingles after it. A vaccine is NOT the cure-all some make it out to be.
She also had the Moderna Covid vaccine and had a bad 18 hours after the second shot.

I had the original single dose shingles vaccine about 8 years ago. When I went for my annual wellness visit in September 2020, my Doctor said the new Shingles vaccine is two doses, and he suggested I get them. I did. HOWEVER be advised that Medicare does not pay for the Shingles vaccine, so it cost me $160 out of pocket. I am glad I got the newest one, even though I had to pay for it.
As far as the Covid vaccine, my Wife and I both received the Pfizer (2 dose), and the only reaction was very mild tenderness at the injection site for both of us. Same reaction for the second shot also. Thankfully no major reactions to either shot for either of us.