As much as I want the island we all love see this badly needed income, based on my April visit I just don't know how the airport can deal with the additional flights it will take to get 1000-1500 cruise passengers on the island. Especially if it's a Saturday or Sunday deal, as it took us nearly 3 hours to clear immigration on our trip back in April for example with just the current flight schedule. The Covid test inspection happened while we were in the queue and had no impact on the wait.

I welcome the potential of additional flight choices and seats as an upside, but unless something changes quickly I don't see how they can pull it off. We waited on the tarmac a good 10 or 15 minutes for the first bus to take us to the terminal as several other flights including Air France were also just arriving. Luggage transferred straight to the boat? Cruise passengers pre-cleared at departure port? It's going to take some creative thinking. Hopefully, many of the homeport cruisers will come a few days before, stay a few days after and spend some money at hotels and restaurants, rental cars etc.

Cheers!

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came." ~ John F. Kennedy