I agree that SXM is completely different and I think they were pretty smart to begin cruising from a non-US port, but I am interested in how all this unfolds in Florida. Celebrity still says they are sailing from Florida with 95%+ vaccinated passengers. If you refuse or are unable to show vaccinated status, you are subject to " ...additional costs, restrictions, and protocols to be advised...." They claim a very large percentage of their clientele are in favor of requiring vaccinations, so they are betting on that I suppose. Royal Caribbean has taken the different route of tests cruises. We have cruised many times with both lines and others, but are waiting to see how things turn out before jumping back on.

The way I read the Celebrity requirements, they are in conflict with the state law which takes effect July 1. Last I heard, according to the Cruise News type people, DeSantis didn't really consider the impact on the Cruise Industry when pushing the mandate and is working with them to figure out a work around. What a mess.

Laura