Baileau,

I think you perhaps again took my post to think that it possibly was a reason for visitors to not follow masking, distancing and sanitation protocols as directed. In a month here I actually see tourists following the orders as well as locals, usually better. In the groceries I have been in the tourists are masked up, mostly properly and usually together in their family or group. Workers all have masks, but many are worn as chin warmers or skip wearing over their noses. Young guys coming in together to get snacks and drinks have masks kind of on, stay together talking into each other’s faces without any distance or concern except to have a mask somewhere near their face.

Other times I see people walking on the street in the hot sun, nobody even within yards and they are wearing a mask properly.

My point was and is being borne out by the numbers, this has little to do with tourists now and contact tracing and 11 pm to 5am curfews will be if not totally ineffective, nearly so.

I saw way too much of this back home. Yes if you can be super careful and stay home except for a necessary trip for groceries you were fairly safe.

State after state developed severe outbreaks at very different times. When you thought your area was getting away Scott free, the grim virus showed up and when it did in moderate number of cases it soon grew exponentially. Some states locked down a long time, some kept mask mandates throughout and others never had them .

If you look at the tables per million in cases in each state you see so much consistency around 100,000 cases. In deaths you see same with a little more variation at about 2000 deaths per million.

There was great variation when the virus struck and opinions on how the different states responded, When it did however it did so with a vengeance and a quick spike up. Several weeks it was like the plague in the community. And then plateau and a quick slide down in cases while hospitalizations and deaths followed the decline a bit later.

So a guess would be based on above about 2000 positive tested cases here over a course of a few weeks.

There is not a reason in the world not to use all the mitigation they can. I do believe many like back in the states until it exploded in their locality think these measures are sufficient. That is unlikely IMO and rate of progression bears that out.

Last edited by Will_L; 07/06/2021 03:40 PM.