Originally Posted by Zanshin
How are the conditions there? If I'm lucky I'll get permission to leave the BVI tomorrow and I might want to anchor closer to Road Town than then North Sound on Virgin Gorda. If I get permission I could anchor in CGB and take a taxi into town to finish my paperwork. I've always anchored in Diamond Cay, but my chart says that Little Harbour should accomodate my draft (8.5 feet)

I didn't pay real close attention to the depth of the channel in Great Harbour or in front of the fuel dock, but believe it was at least 12 feet as quoted in the Cruising Guide to the VI. Great Harbour would be a tough place to anchor because of the mooring ball spread. I suspect your boat could grab a ball in a deep enough spot.

We're in Little Harbour tucked in the corner by Abe's on a ball with 12 feet below the keel. We're the only ones here so there would be lots of room to anchor or grab a ball. Once again I didn't pay close attention to the depth coming in but it was easily 12 feet. The middle is pretty deep.

Louis from Houston