We enjoyed BSV the times we stayed there. We also like the the others on the beach but they are and just don’t compare IMO. Basically everything else on the beach like I said is very small guesthouses or condos. We just prefer a few more options and the social aspect of Mary’s Boon or other full service true hotel type properties. We like the fact that Marys Boon has a bar and restaurant on property, we can just walk up there get whatever we want or they will bring it to the room. I love the USA free phone calls because my husband is constantly calling his office unfortunately. Like I said the generator and water system is a must on Sxm. We can use or Mileage credit card, as I remembered beachsIde Villas made us pay by check in advance. We sit on our patio and able to talk to and meet other guests. The beach is incredible they have new chairs and umbrellas and you can have a cushion if you want. The flower gardens are lovely. I could go on ,it’s just a special unique place and constantly being improved her upgraded. Regardless if it’s garden or beachfront every room is within 20 steps or so of the beach. Rates really pretty good for what we want. When we stay in the garden room we pay about $95 per night in the summertime plus taxes If we book direct , beech front slightly more. Years ago we would’ve never of considered Marys Boon only because we hadn’t seen it or had a wrong impression. Funny name etc. but their history and clientele is just amazing. Of course we’re always open for better and do shop around but seem to always end up back at Mary’s Boon. Possibly some people haven’t been there for a long time but they really need to walk back down and see what it’s become and is now. Honestly There’s not a bad property on that beach. It’s all paradise to us.