From my personal experiences, BSV and Mary’s Boon, are both great properties and the things that MIGHT make one better than the other is really based on what you’re looking for in your stay.

If you’re looking for a full service resort but something smaller and in keeping with island style, I’d opt for Mary’s Boon. We’ve enjoyed our stays there and in fact, we almost purchased a timeshare there once upon a time when the Clevelands first purchased it. It has nice pricing for many different room types and locations and features a lovely and usually very accessible water access location on Simpson Bay Beach. It’s amenities include a full service restaurant and bar plus beach service and chairs, etc. I’m not certain if it offers a concierge desk now - it didn’t when we last stayed there, and it may offer a massage service - not sure about that anymore. All in all its a lovely place to stay if you’re looking for an island style smaller guest house/hotel with a certain amount of activity much if the time. The only problem we ever had there was occasionally finding convenient parking but that’s not usually a major issue.

But on the other hand, BSV is equally lovely. The rooms are tastefully decorated with a definite island vibe and they have provided basically everything you could possibly want to “live on the island’ for a week or two or more” …….the pool is very nice with plenty of lounges for the few who spend their time there. The parking is easy and accessible, and curbside for many of the units. No restaurant or bar on location but there’s one next door within easy walking distance if you’re of a mind. The unit porches feature a table and chairs and beach lounges and lounges in the sand as well. Again, the units are fully stocked with everything you could want and if it isn’t there, chances are pretty good the wonderful maids will find it for you if they can. The units are fully air-conditioned, have excellent wifi and tv in the living room with loads of stations.

I guess the difference in the properties arises when you start asking about amenities. In my mind I think of amenities as possibly including but not limited to a car rental agency on site; a concierge desk to book trips and dinner reservations; restaurants and bars; as well as a gym and airport livery service on site. BSV doesn’t have these particular services but it has everything else most travelers want as well as a staff that will turn themselves inside out to make you happy.

Neither, in my mind is better or worse - just different from each other and the choice should come down to the visitors personal wants and needs in a vacation destination.

And while these two properties are my choices, there are lots of other places on Simpson Bay Beach. Good luck in finding your special heaven on earth.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."