I don't believe the active cases number of 1044 for St Martin, or the number of 542 for St Barth. Looking at the ultimate source data, they're simply not believable.

The Daily Herald cites their source as worldometers.com . Worldometers cites their source as a link to FB posts by ARS Guadeloupe, the French Regional Health Agency. When I follow the link, it brings me to the most recent FB report from ARS. Those numbers appear nowhere in the linked report.

The most recent report shows a cumulative total of 2579 cases for St Martin since March of 2020. It's unlikely that 40% of them are active cases.
The most recent report shows a cumulative total of 1195 cases for St Barth since March of 2020. It's unlikely that almost half of them are active cases.

Over the last 8 weeks, looking at the cited FB page and others, there have been a cumulative 499 new cases reported in St Martin, and a cumulative 195 new cases reported for St Barth, I don't see how 499 and 195 new cases, and 1044 and 542 active cases, can possibly relate to each other, unless there are really loooong COVID cases on both islands.

One more thought - two countries, one island, no border control between the two, and people pass back and forth all day long. How is it possible for St Martin to have 1044 active cases, while on the same day Sint Maarten has 78?

It looks like worldometers.com is scraping data off of other web pages. Their data scraper for St Martin and St Barth is broken, and I think that it has been for months.