Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Georgia--sorry to hear about your family members. I have known several people who have passed and frankly I AM scared to be here in Florida. Even though we're vaccinated, I wear a mask all the time in public. SXM is probably safer than here, although of course we will have to navigate Miami airport, as well as trying to find somewhere to get tested, which may be a problem..

Wont say I am scared to be in Florida Carol, more concerned. Walgreens have virtually cut out(here) all free testings for the time being so found a place locally that does a rapid antigen test with results in 30 minutes for $170.00( cloud). What staggered me was that this was a hospital/outpatients/emergency/doctors offices and nobody apart from me was wearing a mask! Managed to grab a drive through PCR test though with CVS for the 4th of September for a trip to the UK. Would suggest that you nearer your time of travel chk out CVS(can book up to about 12 days in advance) make an appt and do the same with Walgreens(up to only 4 days in advance I believe).

Anyway, life really is too short to worry, so if we get through the UK ordeal(which involves multiple testing and form filling) come back safe and well, then SXM in Nov/Dec should be good to go, unless there are more lock downs and restrictions. I have found that not watching the news, or rather watching less, be it the weather or the situation in general has helped to have less stress and as you know our media really do take liberties at times and work everyone up to fever pitch.