SVGrenadine,

I don't know anything about going from USVI to SVI with COVID protocols. I do believe that pre-Covid if you sailed between the two you did have to give PR a heads up that you were coming but I haven't done that since I was a kid, living on our boat down there. I'm sure there are others who can help you with this. We did do a charter out of PR in 2013 (we try to go to different parts of the Caribbean to give my kids a true sense of all the islands I sailed between as a kid) and my husband and I really enjoyed it. However, although my kids were happy to be in the Caribbean, it was their least favorite destination. There are a lot of private, non-crowded bays which we loved (unless it is a US or PR holiday and then there are tons of Puerto Ricans having a good ole time). Our favorite place was Culebrita. How long do you have? If it is only a week or two, you can see plenty in the USVI without going through more red tape (if there is in fact some) to get to the SVI. Also, one of my least favorite sails as a kid was sailing from Culebra to St. Thomas. It was typically straight into the wind and waves and took forever. Of course we were sailors and my parents rarely used the engine (if it worked) so we tacked and tacked and tacked again! If it were me and I had a ton of time, I would plan a trip to St. Croix instead of the SVI.

Sue
s/v Ripple
Leopard 40

[Linked Image]