Originally Posted by TomB
Oh how I wish it was on a clipper... or maybe not.

Back in 2011 my son crossed over to Germany and Back on the Eagle (Link: USCG Barque Eagle ). They got caught in a pretty nasty storm in the North Atlantic, and I think that is why the cruise ship just made more sense to my wife and I. Our son had a few photos that got published from that trip. There is an article Sea History Magazine about the crossing. Link: Crossing the Pond Article starts on page 20.

Yep it is one of the floating cites called a cruise ship. We went on a cruise over 20 years ago and thought we would never do it again, but a Transatlantic has always been on my bucket list. So my beautiful bride agreed, and two other couples joined in for the trip. Now it appears it is going to be real. Four stops in Spain, Barcelona, Cartagena, Malaga, and Cádiz. Also stops in Cannes, Madeira, and the Azores.
The Eagle wasn't quite what I had in mind. Something a bit more like this is what I was thinking Tom... Star Clippers
[Linked Image]
Linda... How long you in Spain? We head out there 20th October until 20th November. Would be great to see you again.

Last edited by Jeannius; 09/26/2021 04:03 PM.