Originally Posted by ruralcarrier
Mullet is a favorite local s beach, especially on a Sunday. As you stated, it can be bath tub calm or 6'-10' rollers that can wipe people out. Still my all-time favorite beach on the island.

Okay, then, as an almost fifty year annual visitor, Mullet is our personal favorite island beach, too. Ruralcarrier said it well - “‘Mullet waters can be as tame as bathtub waters or as wild as you can imagine with board surfers taking over the beach.” Back in April of this year every day we attempted Mullet it was way too wild for us. It doesn’t usually attract the dreaded sargassum seaweed and as of now it is a full service beach. Rosie’s ribs will always be our favorite but there is a second and relatively new upscale beach bar that also features chair rentals, bathrooms and great libations, though I’m told it’s kind of pricey. And then there’s Mulletvitself where anyone can plop down their coolers and blankets and enjoy the beach their way, too.

As far as mixing in with the locals, Sunday’s on Mullet are the time and the place too mix and mingle beachside with the islanders from both sides of the island. In honesty, these days it gets much too crowded with revelers from all over the world for our personal enjoyment but back in the day, Mullet was our Sunday favorite, too.
Today there are too many organized boating daytrips that pull in there as well and to me, while I love it on a quiet day, it’s typically much too busy for me. I guess my age is really showing, even in my words. 🙂🙂

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."