Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Pat--lucky for us, we DON'T connect, so however long it takes there is how long it takes..

The wheelchair deal was f*ed up. First, we waited about 5 minutes for a wheelchair, and they took me about 5 minutes in the wheelchair. Then they put us on one of the people mover golf cart deals, went another 5 minutes on that. Then WAITED 20 minutes for ANOTHER wheelchair to come, which then took us through immigration, to our bags, etc..... I wouldn't mind checking Jet Blue from Ft Lauderdale next time..

I forgot about the people mover part. We came off the plane and to the end of the jetway and that was our first half hour wait. And then it was all down hill between socializing on the part of the transporter, etc., but we made it through. The other couple waiting forever with us for a wheel chair were not connecting and thank goodness they were kind enough to ask us if we were and let us take the first chair that showed up. No clue how long they had to wait after we left but hopefully, not too very long.

But again, it was just a small part of the overall SXM experience snd everything else was all good. And at least I know not to connect again through MIA. This wheelchair stuff is all new to me and adds a whole other dimension to a trip.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."