Originally Posted by bagsarepacked
Jason, how are neck gators received when in the open air places to eat and drink...using your example of Soggys? I usually have one on for sun protection which makes it handy if places are ok w that vs a formal mask when ordering a drink or heading to the washroom. Just one less thing for me to carry, and most likely loose along the way.

Thanks!

During this pandemic I have traveled to Tahiti, USVI's and BVI's and there was a case in every spot that someone tried to use a neck gaiter and was asked to put on a mask. Even watched a guy argue trying to get on a flight and he was asked to deplane or put on a mask. So...I would recommend having your mask with you everytime you go ashore. Once you are down there it is really hard to remember to grab a mask before you go ashore because you are in vacation mode. During our first pandemic trip in October of last year, I can't tell you how many times we had to go back to the boat to grab someone's mask! For trips after that, I just bought a bunch of disposable masks and we keep them in the dry bag that we take ashore. I hate all things disposable so for this next trip I'm asking everyone to bring a "dry bag mask" that will just stay in the dry bag for trips ashore.

Sue
s/v Ripple
Leopard 40

[Linked Image]