All the islands are very different. If you want to go to Pearl Harbor then that makes your decision easy unless you want to island hop. Best thing about Honolulu right now is there is not near the tourism from Asian countries which lowers the amount of people but that is mostly a factor in the Waikiki area. I have mostly only been in the Waikiki area and up into near the Disney resort but we have friends that love Turtle Bay. There is a lot to like about O'ahu but it is last on my list of the four main islands to visit.

My favorite is the Big Island, Hawaii, and it is huge compared to the others. You can find some good beaches, not near as good as Maui, but there is so much of a difference from one area of the island to the next on island including climate zones. Lots of option, but also more spread out.

Maui has probably the best beaches, very nice island with a lot of activities and food options. Probably the best for new tourist.

Kauai is more natural, old school which is a nice change. Good hiking, some good beaches, but very limited compared to the others for activities. Good place to hike, or read a book.

Prior to Covid we would go over a couple times a year, business and pleasure mixed as I have business there. But all said, I would rather go to the Caribbean or Mexico than Hawaii. But if you have a thick wallet Hawaii can be fun.

I would add, if you are staying in the Waikiki area, not need for a car except if you wish to leave town. Parking alone is expensive and car rentals in Hawaii are crazy expensive right now. Take a cab, or hire to get to Pearl Harbor. The other islands unless you plan on staying at the resort a car is suggested.

Cheers,
Todd

Last edited by Todd; 10/30/2021 09:41 PM.

I prefer the Isle seat