We are definitely creatures of habit and our vacation of choice is Sint Maarten, hands down. That said……Been to Hawaii twice and both times home ported on Oahu. First time our objective was primarily to do the historical tour and of course, Pearl Harbor was the highlight of the trip. We stayed on Waikiki Beach for a few days and then moved on to Turtle Bay Resort which we thought was lovely. If I ever win the lotto I’ll go back there and rent a beachside bungalow. Traffic in Honolulu was horrendous and we didn’t really enjoy our convertible till we headed out to the North Shore and we were more free to wander..

Second trip was top shelf all the way - we did the cruise of several islands and they were all different and all gorgeous. Would I go back again? Probably not but only because a ten hour flight to Hawaii loses out almost every time to a four hour flight to the Caribbean. I like the idea of VBRO since most of the resorts would be very expensive and most probably wouldn’t have the cooking facilities and amenities you might be liking.

When you go, make a point of trying the shrimp trucks (and keep your fingers crossed the black flies aren’t out and about…..)and the shave ice, too. 🙂🙂

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."