Baie Rouge Beach has always been very iffy in my book. We’ve been there when it was calm and swimmable but we’ve seen the other side too many times to choose it as one of our favorites.

But many say the same about Mullet which is a favorite so go figger. Typically you can enjoy the beach there but we’ve also seen the other side and in fact, one year we were there and the Soualiga Patrol drove through and ordered everyone out of the water and the beach designated as closed. I’m sure you can imagine how long that lasted……not sure the patrol car was out of the lot when the surfers were back in the water.

If you want to be assured of totally calm waters it’s Le Galleon or your resort pool.

And with regard to Anse Marcel, we love it there for all the usual reasons but the last time we were there we encountered so many small stones in the water it reminded me of getting in the water at a Friars Baie.

All of which means the situations change without warning and we need to be aware constantly when enjoying the ocean.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."