Most actually overnight at the far end..called Pond Bay. If a squall comes by, the wind can really whistle through there and get squirrelly. We have a place on Virgin Gorda and spend a lotta time at our favorite beach..Savannah Bay. Sometime around 2007 or 2008 a charter cat got blown on the reef and broken up…there were pieces of fiberglass hitting the beach for months.

We also had a boat withTMM for a good while. My wife and I were staying on VG and were at Savannah and I had been taking pictures and a boat similar to ours was coming toward Savannah Bay. It was heading straight for the center of the bay..not an approach. As it got closer I could tell it was indeed our boat. As it got even closer, I begin to worry because it kept coming straight in and not turning toward the LittleDix side of Savannah. As it got right to the outer reef, they made a u turn and left.

It was only after I put the photo card on the computer and enlarged the pics we saw that the couple were wearing their birthday best. I was happy not to watch my boat on a reef ..but I did spray down the seats when we took her out. smile

Like White Bay, most of the time you will be fine. See a ton of the sailing school boats in there in the summer, but it’s not foolproof. If it’s redlined by your charter co. You certainly don’t want that liability.

Last edited by Will_L; 12/01/2021 08:24 PM.