I’m actually buying an additional Covid insurance policy here in Canada from Manulife insurance just in case of this scenario. I’d rather be over insured than under insured. I did a quote and it’s about $45 to $50 a person. Here’s what the policy covers.

COVID-19 Pandemic Travel Plan:
Available to Canadians travelling abroad
Provides emergency medical insurance for COVID-19 and related complications (up to $1,000,000 CAD per insured). Plus, if you have received the full course of immunization for COVID-19 that is authorized by Health Canada before your effective date, you are offered up to $5,000,000 CAD for expenses related to COVID-19
Provides Emergency Medical Insurance coverage for Non-COVID-19 related medical conditions (up to $5,000,000 CAD per insured)
Includes Trip Interruption Insurance benefits in the event of quarantine (up to $200 per insured person per day for your additional and unplanned commercial hotel and meal expenses to a maximum of $2,800 if you are unexpectedly required to self-isolate or quarantine. Family coverage maximum is $400 per insured family per day to a maximum of $5,600)

Last edited by CanadianCutie; 12/04/2021 03:47 PM.