I’ve got to say, I’m not surprised. Things here in Canada are not good. I work in healthcare and saying that it’s an actual poop show would be pretty accurate. I’ve lost count of how many people I know that have either had Covid, we’re exposed to it, or had Covid like symptoms and now you’re just suppose to assume you had Covid because you can’t get tested. I was suppose to be waking up this morning in SXM and cancelled due to everything going on. I’ve worked 19 months straight with only 1 week off and was just getting by because I was watching YouTube videos about SXM and was excited to go back to my much loved SXM. Saying I’m disappointed would be an understatement. I feel sorry for my husband who has to put up with my miserable a$$ right now.

I think everyone has to weigh out their own risk comfort ability. I think that most people are pretty scared of getting to SXM and then testing positive. The stories I’m hearing about people getting stuck in different countries and the lack of information of how to handle this and when you can leave is pretty scary. I know people that ended up having to pay thousands of dollars because one of their kids tested positive, so one parent stayed behind. That parent then tested positive 3 days later. They didn’t end up leaving until 15 days from the date they were actually supposed to leave.

I wonder how long WestJet will be running flights. They might actually pick up everyone else’s customers if they end up the only ones doing flights. I’m sorry that your clients had to cancel their reservation, but at this point I think the fear of so much going wrong is scaring the crap out of everyone.