Agree on all points. Having said that, I am leaving on Air Canada flight next Thursday. One of the last Air Canada flights to leave before they stop. I am going to my own place so it is a little different.
I am booked to fly back February 10th on WestJet. My contingency plan could be to stay longer or come back Sunwing if they continue to fly.
Like most everyone, I have some concerns about flying down with the abundance of covid-19 cases. The Dutch side has roughly 2,500 cases and the French side more than 3,000. Of course those are the ones that are counted. We could probably say there are many more than that.
I won't be doing any group activities while I'm there, just a few odd jobs in my place I would like to get done. Of course I can go for walks or hang out by the condo pool without much exposure. And I am double vaxxed with a booster so that's as good as it can be.
I will probably post here my experience going down and coming back. Very sad that you and others are not able to go on a well-deserved vacation in Paradise. Not fair at all.
Hopefully my next post will be from sxm.

Dr Phil SXM