Thanks for the continuation of the report. Cruising surely has changed since our first cruise on the NCL Seaward, back in 1987! Back then, there was the main restaurant and the buffet, and I think that was it! I would be interested to know what percentage the cruise lines make off of food these days. We haven't cruised a lot lately, but the food in the main dining room isn't that attractive to us anymore. And I have zero desire to eat at a buffet, even here at home. So we have been eating in the specialty restaurants a lot, but I consider them to be somewhat pricy, running perhaps $50 per person? Not sure what they run now. It was good that you did get free specialty meals included. Of course back when we started cruising, I think you could carry on liquor also, and definitely could carry on wine, I think as much as you wanted! But, there was no such thing as a drinks package back then. You said that you didn't go past the $15 package? Sorry, you got a package that only covered $15 a day worth of drinks? That is only like two drinks, maybe.

Carol Hill