Originally Posted by Teresasxm
Hi fellow airplane enthusiasts,
I have a question for you. A private airplane (pretty fancy with a nice paint job and three engines - one in the tail) landed at PJIA this afternoon at 3:08p.m. I like tracking planes but when I clicked on it, the signal was BLOCKED. I've seen it before but I was just wondering if any of the plane experts on TTOL know what type of individual is so important that their flight info is blocked? Government, Celebrity - any ideas?

Just curious on a cold, snowy day in Canada...

3 engines=Dassault Falcon tri-jet (e.g. 900, there are a number of variants)
Many ADS-B websites allow operators to block the tail number as for this case, ADS-B Exchange (https://globe.adsbexchange.com/) does not so would have shown the tail number for this a/c. BUT I've noticed the coverage for ADS-B Exchange around SXM is quite poor, many a/c that are visible on, e.g., Flightradar24 show intermittently or not at all on ADS-B Ex. If I'm "virtual plane-spotting" I have both F24 & A Ex open.
As to why blocked, my observation is that blocked a/c are very often govt and private charters (as you can see by comparing ADS-B Ex with other services). Example the EC175 helicopter operating from MY Flying Fox moored in Great Bay earlier this week.
Dave.