Chamdexor: a few questions and observations (my opinions as well):

1. Will you be chartering a yacht with a captain and a cook or is it a true bareboat?
2. You mention that you plan on eating on board for most dinners, will you be having any dinners on shore? If you plan to only eat on shore once or twice, there are a few places worth the effort to get to, depending on your itinerary. Definitely some places to any away from as well. Eating out is getting pricier, so makes sense to be picky.
3. Will you be taking care of provisioning or will the chartering company be taking care of it? Definitely a learning curve here.

A. The BVI's are a very special place. We have been coming down off and on for over 50 years. Seen a lot of what storms can do in terms of damage, and have seen what development can do along those same lines.
B. If you have a captain, ask him to take you to anchorages that are less frequented that are near the best snorkeling areas. Definite stays include Norman, Cooper, North Sound, Baths, and Anegada. The latter is worth two nights. Great snorkeling and exploring that reminds us of how it used to be before everything got so commercialized.
C. Last I checked, Peter Island is not open yet from storms. Wouldn't waste time on a six night charter.
D. With only a six night charter, it would be easy to try to cram too much into your itinerary. Nothing makes for a worse island sailing vacation than rushing from place to place. Take time to enjoy the scenery and people you can meet. If you are like most visitors, you will come back time and again and can see different things. Half of the experience is the sailing.
E. The VI cruising guide 2022 edition is a must. We have used it since the first edition and get a new one every few years upon returning. Great insight into snorkeling sites and shore explorations, etc.
F. Yes, total trip insurance a must for that time of year.
G. While not what many purist sailors would prefer, we converted from monohull to cats when they were first introduced. The comfort factor (especially as we age...) far overcomes the sailing drawbacks. Will never go back.

As I said, my opinions based on many trips.