Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht
Originally Posted by maytrix

So you are saying they will take the bag, leaving you with anything valuable to just hold? So I should be able to take it, just removing my laptop and camera out as we board, keeping that with me?

No. It was a bad joke trying to imply that anything of value would be stolen at SJU. This used to be an issue back in the American Eagle days but seems to be under control now.

It’s not totally under control but not as bad as American Eagle where anything of value would be gone. How they searched the bags between you handing it over and the bag going in the front pit and right back at you on landing eluded me. I did like the news special years ago that showed rampers getting off the bus at SJU in the morning empty handed. Boarding the bus in the afternoon they all had trash bags in their hands!
Here is a quote from Flyer talk:
Similar circumstances here. I have no doubt that my personal items were stolen by personnel under AA's control (AA or outsourced AA employees). An unsympathetic AA Supervisor in SJU dismissed my claim as simply "the cost of doing business in San Juan."

Last edited by GeorgeC1; 04/11/2022 09:24 AM.